June 28 (Monday) was a really busy but special day for our family. Our cousin, Florence, got married at the Birhen sa Regla Church in Lapu-Lapu City at 10:00 AM. He is the older brother of our cousin, Bing, who passed away with Daddy and our aunt in a car accident last October. The wedding was a happy occasion but everyone (who knew that he was "orphaned") cried a tear or two when he walked down the aisle, waited for his bride and took his bride's hand and walked her to the altar. I was so emotional the whole time. But such is life.
We had to skip the lunch reception. It was Marti's first day of class at the big school, Sacred Heart School-Hijas de Jesus and I didn't want her to be absent or be late. The school only allows the parents and yayas inside on the first day so I also really couldn't afford not being there. As usual and as expected, our dearest Marti was so shy, you can hardly hear her speak. But I was glad she didn't cry. After all, she's already a big girl and in Kinder 1! Before we reached her school, I had to deal with a really heavy, bumper-to-bumper traffic from Escario to Juana Osmeña to Sacred Heart. I guess I have to get used to it because it will always be like that for the rest of the school year.
We got home around 4:30 PM but had to go out again with the hub for a meeting and some badly-needed grocery items. At around 8:30, I was already dead tired. Sakit kaayo akong mga bagtak!
photo: at my cousin's wedding. yes, I am still that big :)
No comments:
Post a Comment