
My heart is overflowing with joy and gratitude as we welcome the newest addition to our family. Our youngest sister, Stella, gave birth (via normal delivery with no anesthesia) to a 6.7-pound baby girl on September 10, 2010.
I was with Stella from the time she left their apartment when she started having contractions until she was wheeled in from the recovery room. Although we always want to have Mama by our side on such occasions, we decided otherwise this time because she easily gets afraid and nervous and of course, I could move quicker than she does. I was bad company, however, because the whole time Stella was in labor, I was in tears missing Daddy who would have been there at the hospital for Stella. Our only brother kept telling me via SMS that I should stop crying because Daddy's surely watching her from above and giving her the strength she needed.
I could not describe how I felt anticipating the arrival of the little princess. It also didn't help that the hospital's waiting area was too hot and uncomfortable. I am just too glad my sister's 9-month bed rest and controlled diet (due to high blood sugar) is finally over and we now have another baby girl.
Thank you so much for all your prayers. God bless you all.
4 comments:
she is a beautiful blessing and addition to your family mims=) i agree with your brother..your daddy was there the whole time, looking over his brood=)
*hugs*
what a joyous blessing she is! i'm so happy for stella and nap!
Babies are blessings! I can imagine the joy in your home! Congrats to Stella and Nap!
Oh dear, I just read this (five months late! haha) and it made me cry! Thank you te! Nap and I could never thank you enough for all the help. I needed you to be there and you were --- the entire time! I love you, sister dear!
And thanks, Chelo, Pat and Aileen =)
Post a Comment